NDAR Help: My Profile
Three areas, similar to the request account interface, are available when modifying your profile.
Each of these areas are described below.
- Account Information: Information specific to your account/profile
- Privileges Requested: Privileges that may be requested. See Account Privileges for more information.
- Administrative Files: Documents that may be added and/or removed from your account Administrative Files for more information.
General information is needed to establish an NDAR Portal Account. As defined in Accessing NDAR on the NDAR Website, a Portal Account has no specific access to NDAR data.
However, others may give access to Collections or Studies in which they are the Owner or Administrator.
The following privileges are available:
Additional privileges may be requested at any time within My Profile.
- Portal Account - A Portal Account is the default, although such an account has no specific privileges, others may
grant access to their Collections or Studies for which they are the Owner/Administrator.
- GUID Client - This access allows a user to generate NDAR GUIDs. Separate software is required to generate GUIDs to protect this important NDAR feature. The software must run from a specific computer at a research site.
As defined on the NDAR website in Accessing NDAR , the computer name and IP Address are needed.
- Create Collections - This privilege allows an individual to contribute data in NDAR by creating an NDAR Collection. Once created, the user may assign privileges to others for any Collections (or NDAR Study) that they are the Owner. As defined in
in Accessing NDAR , the Data Submission Agreement is required to obtain NDAR Data Access Committee approval before this privilege is provided.
- Query Shared Data - This privilege is needed to access data contained in collections controlled by NDAR. As other federated data sources become available, these will have their own approvals to access those data. As defined in Accessing NDAR
both the Data Access Agreement and a modified SF424R_R is required to request access to NDAR data resources.
If requesting privileges other than an NDAR Portal Account, electronic copies of signed documents are needed to be associated with the request. Contact NDAR if producing an electronic copy is difficult. The request and supporting documents will
be reviewed and associated privileges will be provided based upon the procedures defined on the NDAR website at NDAR Procedures .
Expiration Date is provided to support privileges that have a time limitation (i.e. 1 year, 2 year, etc.).
Documents may be added or removed from My Profile. Note that if a document is approved and associated with a Collection or Study, it may not be removed.
See NDAR Portal Help for a table of contents of all help items.