NDAR Help: Request Account
To request an Account in NDAR, each of the three sections on the page must be completed:
Each of these areas are described below.
- Account Information: Information to establish your account and profile. Refer to Account Profile for more information.
- Privileges Requested: Privileges Needed. Refer to Account Privileges for more information.
- Administrative Files: Documents needed for the NDAR Data Access Committee (DAC) to approve the requested privileges. Refer to Administrative Files for more information.
General information is needed to establish an NDAR Portal Account. Institution name is used to associate the account to the NIH defined institution. To assist NDAR Staff in assigning the appropriate institution, the NIH eRA Commons account is requested, but is optional.
A valid reason to access NDAR is required to establish an NDAR Portal Account. As defined in Accessing NDAR on the NDAR Website, a Portal Account has no specific access to data contained in NDAR.
However, others may grant access to a specific Collection or Study.
The following privileges are available:
Note that NDAR privileges may be requested later after an NDAR Portal Account is established within the "My Profile" section of NDAR.
- Portal Account - A Portal Account is the default, although such an account has no specific privileges, others may
grant access to their Collections or Studies for which they are the Owner or Administrator.
- GUID Client - This access allows a user to generate NDAR GUIDs. Separate software is required to generate GUIDs to protect this important NDAR feature. The software must run from a specific computer at a research site.
As defined on the NDAR website in Accessing NDAR , the computer name and IP Address are needed.
- Create Collections - This privilege allows an individual to contribute data in NDAR by creating an NDAR Collection. Once created, the user may assign privileges to others for any Collections (or NDAR Study) that they are the Owner. As defined in
in Accessing NDAR , the Data Submission Agreement is required to obtain NDAR Data Access Committee approval before this privilege is provided.
- Query Shared Data - This privilege is needed to access data contained in collections controlled by NDAR. As other federated data sources become available, these will have their own approvals to access those data. As defined in Accessing NDAR
both the Data Access Agreement and a modified SF424R_R is required to request access to NDAR data resources.
If requesting privileges other than an NDAR Portal Account, electronic copies of signed documents are needed to be associated with the request. Contact NDAR if producing an electronic copy is difficult. The request and supporting documents will
be reviewed and associated privileges will be provided based upon the procedures defined on the NDAR website at NDAR Procedures .
Note that the documents provided will be made available within "My Profile".
See NDAR Portal Help for a table of contents of all help items.