NDAR Help: Portal Homepage and Navigation
Once you receive an account, provide credentials and are authenticated in NDAR, you are presented with the NDAR Portal Homepage.
The graphic below illustrates the areas of the NDAR Portal, designated by the appropriate number, available.
- Account: The account that has been authenticated and logout capability
- Navigation and Actions: Dynamic navigation and actions are displayed here. The actions available change depending upon
where you are located. Additionally, pertinent actions may also be displayed.
- Menu Bar: Listed are the menu hyperlinks that are available to you. Important hyperlinks include:
- NDAR - NDAR Home returns you to the page presented here.
- Collections - The listing of NDAR Collections available to you.
- Study - The listing of NDAR Studies available to you.
- Biomedical Tools - Research tools available through NDAR. This area will be expanded over time.
- My Profile - Your user profile. This area is where additionaly permissions may be requested or administrative documents may be uploaded to your profile. Additionally, your contact information may be changed here.
- Query Tool: The Query Tool provides access into the NDAR Query Tool where you may query research data available in NDAR or one of NDAR's federated resources.
You may query specific NDAR Collections, query across all NDAR Collections, or query an NDAR Study.
- Data Validation Tool: The Data Validation Tool is used to validate data before data is submitted into the NDAR Central Repository. Selecting this hyperlink launches
software that will validate your data and prepare an NDAR submission package.
- NDAR Footer: The footer provides hyperlinks that are associated with NDAR.
See NDAR Portal Help for a table of contents of all help items.